Tuesday 6 September 2011

Paper makes me happy :)

Often, I get asked, in my 'real' job, what I actually 'make'. Its hard to describe to peeps. I mean I cut up and stick down pretty paper but its so much more than that. I guess you have to be sentimental to actually understand why I do it. Before you can understand what I do.

If I hadn't of experienced loss so early in life, would I be scrapbooking. I would like to think I would. It just probably wouldn't be as heartfelt as it is right now. Just lately, i've been talking to my middle sister about life. Loss. How things have turned out. How i'm not sure you get life until you experience loss. Thats kinda sad. 'You never know what you had, til it was gone'. So true.

So, thats what I make. Memories. Feelings. not just pretty paper and sparkles. They are just the decoration. Bit like putting on your make up. You're still the same underneath. You just feel better and for me (I look better ;) ) with a bit of slap on!


So i've been making this: This cute sprayed LO of Benji. Gems, stars, stamping, spraying... yum!


This, alittle more sentimental. And taken by my iPhone, so I apologise for the photo not beign as crisp and clear. But I do love hipstamatic :) Made from broken down primark jewellery. Probbo not acid free but so textural and pretty.


And lastly: I'm on count down for this! ALLY PALLY :)






















No comments: