Wednesday 12 December 2007

Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...



Someone is excited...



Someone else is too...



Decorating needs alot of concentration...



me!



I love these shiny disco ball kinda ones!



My fave's that are not making it onto the tree this year...BOO!

It's the latest that i've put our tree up for years. Normally without fail, on the 1st of December our tree would always go up. I'd have heaps of new decorations to put on our small tree and it would be ladden with goodies. This year it's gone up today, on the 12th and you know what it still doesn't feel one bit like Christmas.

Emily could not contain her excitement when she saw the battered Christmas tree box carried into the lounge! The baubles and tinsel and lights just made her run around in excitement and so we decorated the tree this morning. Stopped for a quick lunch break and then continued to add baubles and sparkly things and all the little Crimbo momentos you collect from over the years. In our decorations box we have baubles from when my mum's mother and father got married and had their tree. I have stuff which my sisters made at school and stuff that I made at school too. It's kind of a whole sentimental thing our Christmas tree. It's ladden with memories from Christmases years and years ago stretching right back to before I was even born.

This year we have not really put many of our glass baubles on ~ Emily wants to swing them and twist them and stroke them (especially our velvet baubles) and Ben... I think it's out of his reach but I can never be TOO sure. And my, Christmas trees are SO inviting for little hands! I'm a little sad cause I have this great set off bright huge glass bauble which are my absolute favourite find from two Christmases ago and they just hang so well and look so pretty but they are glass and I know that if they get on the tree somehow someone will break one/all of them and it's just too risky with two sets of hands stroking our tree.

Now I just have the whole of my wrapping to do. And of course my Christmas journal, which I haven't even begun yet ~ apart from the front cover and back cover. I guess maybe tonight I will really make a good start on it. Kev is out, taking our nephew to see West Ham play and so I shall be able to whip the kiddos to bed on time and craft...

p.s. And honestly I didn't dress my two to match the tree ~ honest!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I bought my tree last weekend and praying that I will get it decorated this weekend. I am hoping that Sean won't destroy anymore ornaments this year, but I don't have any real sentimental ones, they are all very replaceable. lol. I can't wait to see your journal!

Cara said...

I am sure your christmas tree will look fab as is everything you do ! your children are so gorgeous, have a wonderful christmas. X