Tuesday 4 September 2007

We like to party...

This is Emily last Saturday. In my sisters garden at George and Jessica's party. She just loves music and dancing. she had Beau's keyboard (a child I used to nanny for) blarring and was boogie-ing along to the music. She makes me howl. And I always wonder where she gets her rythmn from 'cause it certainly isn't me...

Everything is slowly falling into place. I still have party bags to make up, food to buy and cook, cakes to bake and Ben's present to buy but... we're getting there. The whole house needs a good clean through because we have been decorating for what seems like forever, when in reality it has only been just over two weeks. I just want everything back to normality.

Kev went back to work yesterday, only a teacher training day (today is for 'real') and so i'm here with my two now full time. We had a pretty unproductive day really. The adjustment to one 'entertainer' has always been a day or two job for my two. Ben was pretty grouchy; although thats mainly his teeth and Emily slept in till 9am yesterday and today! Last night though she did have four nightmares and so after coming in from work at gone 11pm, crawling into bed after midnight - I was then in and out to her til 4am. Ben decided he wanted his milk at 5 am and so pretty much I had very little sleep last night. It's showing today. I can't get on with anything. I feel constantly distracted and generally lots of things are started but nothing is finished...
My sisters eldest started school today too. It's also the twins actual birthday today as well. And my sister started work today. Wow. I know when I spoke to her on Sunday her house was busy. She has a huge last uni assignment to get in too! I'm always amazed at how much she has on her plate and how much she does... Here I am with the energy and inclination of a gnat.

1 comment: