Friday, 1 February 2008

*Shake*

Why is it I get so nervous about things? To the outside world I appear confident and capable. I would go anywhere on my own. Anywhere at all. I enjoy my own company. Yet when I have to start a new job I am a nervous wreck. Today I feel sick. I feel shaky and nervous. I can feel my stomach churning over. I am restless.

I start at 5:30pm. I know Iwill be fine but there is just the nagging doubt that I don't want to look a complete doofus on my first shift. I want to impress but not be too keen. I am keen. I am all ready to go right now. A whole hour and half early.

I have been laughing today though. This is what has had me giggling : ayuhgotyercossyon and gizaguzzgog. It brought my childhood flooding back :)

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Congrats on the job Paula. I too know you'll be fine. As always, awaiting is the worst. Will be thinking of you tonight - Good luck hon.

Rosemary said...

Many congrats on the job
you will be just finr

sunshine and curls said...

congrats on the job enjoy your first shift, will be thinking of you X

oranginadreams said...

You'll do great! Just remember that they hired you for a reason, because you were the best of the pack! Deep breaths. Believe me, I understand. I'm nervous about most things in my life.

Tanya said...

How did it go????

michelle said...

so happy on your jobby job! i think everyone is nervous when they first start. you want to be confident, but your not. You want to show them your smart, but not too smart they think your a know it all. you'll be great!