Wednesday 4 February 2009

Here I am.

We are snowed in still. I managed to pop over to work yesterday and have a fabby, yet unproductive day at work :o/ It was one of those days when everything is in your head but nothing seems to make its way out.

This weekend is our weekend away for a little holiday and it can't come quick enough! I just need to get round to packing and actually washing and drying the clothes i'm taking!

These were just a few of our many snowy pics from Monday, Kev had the day off work and we spent the whole morning in the garden building snowmen and getting frozen :) In some parts of the garden it was over Ben's wellies and his knees... he loved it!





This is what i've been up to scrapping wise... :) Do you like it? I must say I love the alpha stamps! and the butterfly embellie which was from twiddley bitz... I painted it with paint and then added a little ink and water to tint the silvery paint.

I added glossy accents onto the butterfly (and bling!) I added some fine glass glitter but it is very hard to photograph!!



This one I tried to use as many diff paper manufs as possible! I used 6 (including the bazzil)... I'm pretty proud that I used so many :) And love the maya road trees which i'm using on EVERYTHING that stays still long enough!


And i'm machine stitching everything too! I just love it. Paper going through the machine is such a cool and easy feeling... much easier than sewing fabric, although I have made a few cute pencil cases this week too with the funky scraps of fabric I have (and I have lots! Way too much than I ever would need...)





This one I used the lurvvvvverly K & Co paper pad I got (which is all sold out from Sugar and Spice now, although we do have seperate sheets of some of the designs!)


I lurvvve hambly screen prints too! How cool are these frames and the hearts cut from paper, curled and mounted on 3d foam.


Lovely-est of all is this ~ the twiddley bitz cherubs and heart! I spritzed it with glimmer mist (pink) and it left it all shimmery :) I covered the back with white card, which I ink slightly with pale pink ink and used kars silver rub ons. Of course I just had to do alittle hand stitching! And I finally used some of the knicker-type ribbon I got from my secret santa Claire! Thank you!


This one I used my good 'ole circle punch... my sewing machine and lots of yummy bits. I used mainly scraps for this LO and am pretty pleased with how much I enjoyed making a simple LO, its not my normal style but I am happy :)


Again I used a twiddley bitz flower... :) *yum*


And alot of spare green thickers I had... and a few other letters :)



And this i've dug out... I wrote this back when I was 18. OMG! I guess I am kinda ashamed of it really but it makes my heart happy. Happy memories (some, ok the majority) and a time when I grew up.


It all started on this day in 1998...


And this is the book that holds all of the memories from that summer which I want to get into an album thats just for me. I guess scrapping is for my kiddos foremost but it offers me alittle time too. Time to relax from kids, work and general day to day stuff, it offers me something creative to do... I love creative :) and I have met some of the best people while on this amazing journey of sharing stories. I want to put this album into type because after 11 years it's looking as if it's about ready to fall to pieces and I don't wanna loose any of those memories.


And I got this through the mail today :) Happy mail :) It was from the fabulous Sara... Thank you!! I had totally forgotten all about it and so it has made me v.happy. I am going to put Ben for a nap later and look through the box properly as it looks like there are some cute goodies in there ;)

Well, thats me. All caught up and blogged out :) I will be back with my last post of excitement tomorrow, as its the day before we go away!!! Yahhhhhhooooo! :P I cannot tell you how bloomin' excited I am. I will not be blogging then, unless I can sneak on the internet somehow... but I will share all the projects/LO's/Crafty-ness when I return. Promise.

Right back to ipod filling up!! I'm currently adding all my old faves to my ipod... Happy times.

No comments: