Wednesday 16 January 2008

Ok, don't laugh...



This is my first ever try at a LO. It's A4 size (just incase I thought it was SO fab and had to print it out, which I don't and I won't be printing it out) But I loved the paper and the font. The buttons don't look real enough for my liking, I tried drop shadows and all that but they still look flat. I guess thats how digi is tho. And I wanted to get rid of the horrid, hiddeous hospital curtain in the piccie ~ but didn't know how to blur it out... so I guess there are lots of areas to improve in BUT I did it. I did a whole digi LO on my own. No help what-so-ever. Proud, yes I am. Excited, yes... it's opening up a whole new world to me...


I have been busy. Besides watching CSI last night (and Las Vegas is my absolute fave) I was playing in photoshop. I can't believe how simple it is to work out when you get your head around the 'layer' thing and stuff. I can't work out how to do somethings (like blur the background but not the person) I will have to dig out my CK computer tricks book (they are making a volume 2 of this which I shall 'need'!) or beg Leslie to ask her clever hubbie... :lol: But my photoshop skills have gone up 100% in two nights.


I'm not sure about how 'real' a LO looks when it's digi. I know Kate Hadfield can make digi LO's look super amazing. I am trying to work out if I scan in objects eg. buttons, would I be able to use them as elements on a LO? And the same goes for fabric too. I have some cute fabrics that I wanna put on this banner. I also have some funky robots too (!) and skulls and oooooh I just realised. i'm digi addicted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really want to learn digi, check out Jessica Sprague's online classes. I've taken the first two, and she is the greatest. You do the lessons at your own pace, there is a forum just for asking questions, a special gallery to see all of the other participants' work, and lots of freebies and discounts for digi shops!

And she teaches drop shadow. Do you use PSE? It's all in the settings for the shadow. Leave a comment on my blog if you want, and then I can email you back from there an tell you what the settings are.

Cricket said...

congrats on doing your first digi! The layout looks fabulous!!

smiles,

michelle said...

this is great! are you sure it's your first? Now is that a kit or did you like scan the papers and make the buttons and stuff! and i'm sure les will hook you up.. try jessica sprague she has a photoshop fridays tutorial! and online classes, too!