Saturday 2 June 2007

This is how it starts...



These are cool little stationary type cards that are so funky once they are finished. I got my first set in the SOML first kit and have since brought TWO at pandoras... I *heart* them. You can do so much with them. Remember that 'us' family book? That was made using these cards. I know they do them in white and pink... probably other colours too but I just dig them! Anyhow, to make this funky mini book you need them and two book rings (or Ribbon would do as long as it's not too thick - and you tied it loosely)...



I then have covered it in the love,elsie Toby fabric cloud sheet... It takes one whole 12 x 12 if you're thrifty (!)On the last page you may have to just trim the card down a teeeeeensey bit to make it cover but I only had one sheet last night so one HAD to cover it...

The last page i've kinda half started first, mainly because I didn't want to forget the whole topic of the book - Dream... and 'dare to dream' is really the finishing sentiment. I thought the whole clouds thing tied in well - I was always told as a kid I lived with my head in the clouds dreaming of other stuff... (I still do and usually revolves around scrapping!) But personally are dreams are important, they are what we aspire to do and be and what keeps us motivated to have a fabby life. And since I have my dream job, I figured it is mega apt to have a 'dream' book - seens as one has come true!
Will try and do more on it tonight - would've done more last night but I had two monkeys in my house rather than children. Emily decided she 'no wanted go bed!' and so called 'mummmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, mummmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee' down the stairs til nine thirty pm...! (She normally is zonked at 7pm) so of course, in turn this woke up Ben and he was not a happy bunny about it all!!! He cried on and off til Emily settled down, despite me- 1. telling Emily to be quiet and go to sleep (to which she just laughed) and 2. comforting Ben and stroking his head... Hence why my mini book is still very bare!
Tonight there WILL be more added.

1 comment:

michelle said...

i am trying to figure out what to with mine, but a book sounds fabulous! girl, my boys slept in our bed last night and i've decided that is not happening again. my back hurts... i'm tired.. sigh, sigh